Sunday, May 22, 2011

Heart healthy pancakes topped with cherries and bananas


My breakfast was so yummy this morning!  Anytime I can find a good breakfast for reasonable points I am happy.  :)


Here's what I ate.  I made Lehi Roller Mills heart healthy pancake mix pancakes (basically just add water).  If you haven't ever tried this mix before, you'll really like it.  So much better than a regular white pancake mix.  It has great flavor and is a lot lot healthier. My kids love it.  One serving is 4 points.  But it's really small.  So I weighed two pancakes at 94 grams total, and then sliced a half a banana and rough chopped some frozen sweet dark cherries I just bought from Costco. (New item there and they are so so good!)  I chopped the cherries with my food chopper thing and then microwaved them for about 1 minute.  One cup of cherries is a lot.  I ate the extra after finishing the pancakes.


I topped one pancake with the banana and put another pancake on top and covered it with about 1/3 of the cherries.  Chopping and the microwaving them created some juice that I spooned on top for extra sweetness.  Yummy!  And I feel satisfied after eating the get of the cherries and my 1 cup of skim milk.
Mmmmm....

NUTRITION
One small pancake (47 grams) is 4 points plus.
Two small pancakes (94 grams) is 8 points plus.
Unsweetened fruit - 0 if it's one of your first 5 servings of the day.
Skim milk - 2 points plus
Total - 10 points plus



No comments:

Post a Comment